All the model files are located in the default model folder vox/
All the model operations can also be applied by
Most of the model operations are also undoable
Add or Remove Models
If you add new files to, or remove files from the default model folder, you do not need to restart MagicaVoxel.
- the right model list will be automatically updated.
- even the file of model that you are working on is removed, the model is still in the memory so you can save it again.
Save Model <CTRL+S>
Save current model file in the default model folder.
button above the right model list (first one).
- if it is a new model, enter new name in the empty Name
textfield will also save the model.
- when saving a new model without name, the model will be automatically named from "new (00)" to "new (99)"
New Model <CTRL+N>
Create a new model with a fulfilled volume.
button above the right model list (second one).
Duplicate Model <CTRL+D>
Create a new model but keep current model shape.
button above the right model list (third one).
Enter new name in the Name
- existing or invalid name will not change the name of model.
Click on the model name in the right Model List
Click on the Trash
button below model list.
- Deleting model will NOT
delete the model but remove it to the Trash
folder on your OS
If you forgot to save model before creating or loading a new model, do not worry.
In MagicaVoxel, most of the model operations are undoable except Delete Model
Though Delete Model
is not undoable, you can find your deleted models in the
folder on your OS.
Just remove it back to the default model folder, and it will appear again on the