Please bring back export method from v0.95

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:13 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM
I've been using this program for quite some time now and been loving it,
Been working with files that have a large filenames that exceed the 14 character limit of magicavoxel causing the program to hide the name after the 11th character, it used to be a really annoying issue since all files had a preset part before the actuall filename which caused only the preset to be visible and the important part of the filename not being visible, in version 0.95 you introduced the feature for when exporting the filename would be as "folderpath_filename" it was an extremely usefull feature solving the above problem but you seem to have taken that away in v0.96+ and it only exports the filename. could you please re-introduce that export method as a choice, having say a checkbox that if checked it will export using that method else it will export just with the filename.
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Next version ( within this week) will add an option Export->Dir to allow you export the files to the same directory of models to avoid this.
Sep 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM
i actually meant that if you have a .vox file in vox\folder1\folder2\file.vox it would export as folder1_folder2_file.filetype
unless thats what you said in your own way. what i understand is that the exported file will be placed in its respective folder when exported as export\folder1\folder2\file.filetype which also will be extremely usefull.
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2015 at 3:18 AM
check out the latest release 0.97, it will open a save dialog to choose the path when exporting models:)