This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Isometric and Orthographic for renderer

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Hi glkasumi,

First thing first. Thank you for the addicting editor and the renderer. The GUI was friendly enough to let me build a dining room in hour! Thanks again!

I'm wondering would it be alright for you to add Isometric and Orthographic viewport for Renderer usage? It is highly appreciated if you can make this happen as I'm making an Isometric game and the Renderer's quality was so much better than Editor's render. Nevertheless, I fall in love with MagicaVocel! Thanks!

Regards,
Joe
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Edited Dec 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM
joepee wrote:
Hi glkasumi,

First thing first. Thank you for the addicting editor and the renderer. The GUI was friendly enough to let me build a dining room in hour! Thanks again!

I'm wondering would it be alright for you to add Isometric and Orthographic viewport for Renderer usage? It is highly appreciated if you can make this happen as I'm making an Isometric game and the Renderer's quality was so much better than Editor's render. Nevertheless, I fall in love with MagicaVocel! Thanks!

Regards,
Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks! and here is some progress of the new version of Magicavoxel Editor :
Yes, the renderer will be integrated into the editor, and it will share the same camera settings with the editor, then you will have the orthogonal/isometric view:D
besides, the screenshot is with alpha channel, that is, you can render the voxel model as sprites with anti-aliasing edges and add any background as you wish :
and you can seamlessly switch between the view of editor and renderer :
Dec 9, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Edited Dec 9, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Wow, thanks for fast reply! This project was really big I thought you would be super busy adding feature to it XD

And yes, I'm now doing somewhat similar to your idea now. As you can see I'm sharing the same Palette and Vox folder between Editor and Renderer now, out of my surprise, it works! Amazingly well done my friend!

And here is something I'm working on: Editor Isometric render

Renderer's Perspective amazing render

Back to the topic. Integrated Editor and Renderer? With transparent background? You should make that a commercial project. Seriously XD

P.S: Also wondering, can I export editor's vox in jpg or PNG format? Beside than screenshot port? Or is there any size option other than screensize?

Thanks again! 加油!
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2015 at 4:30 PM
Hi joepee,

new version with integrated renderer is released!

the output is png with alpha channel ( but you can toggle it )

and you can change the rendering image size ( in renderer, it's not based on the size of window )

and an example with the transparent background

Marked as answer by glkasumi on 1/1/2015 at 8:30 AM
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Thanks glkasumi! This is all I need to make my dream come true XD Miss the lego feature though XD

So I've preferred your software over Qubicle to some of my colleagues and they have very positive feedback for it! Amazingly welldone!

Cheers,
Joe