This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I love this program!

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Hi!

Thank you for this wonderful thing, AND its renderer.
I Find the it utterly addicting and completely enjoyable to use, its a great way to make 3D models.

I am wondering about a bunch of stuff.....
First I am curious about documentation, help files and maybe tooltips, where when you hover your mouse over something it tells you what it is.
Are these things that are being worked on, or is that something for the future?
I am also curious about camera or view changing, being able to rotate and zoom is great, but are there plans to be able to pan the view as well? This would be a VERY cool thing (Is this already possible and I have missed it somehow?).
The last question is more complicated, is it possible to create a way of seeing inside of and thus editing a hollow object, for example by being able to hide an area so you can see in?
This last seems like a complicated problem, but I am not a programer so it could be trivial for all I know.

Thanks again for this splendid thing!
Cheers!!!!!!
Mealea
Nov 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I made a house!
I started off thinking I was going to make something like an Egyptian temple or something and that was going fine till I discovered how much fun stairs are, that caused it to start changing rapidly.

After i made that I imported it into ZBrush for some screwing around and came up with this:

I dont know of ANY software that allows me to do stuff like this so quickly and with such ease.
There will be more soon, I am trying to figure out how to decimate higher resolution objects and once I can do that I will have a serious tool for virtual world building.

Cheers!
Mealea
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2014 at 6:17 PM
MealeaYing wrote:
Hi!

Thank you for this wonderful thing, AND its renderer.
I Find the it utterly addicting and completely enjoyable to use, its a great way to make 3D models.

I am wondering about a bunch of stuff.....
First I am curious about documentation, help files and maybe tooltips, where when you hover your mouse over something it tells you what it is.
Are these things that are being worked on, or is that something for the future?
I am also curious about camera or view changing, being able to rotate and zoom is great, but are there plans to be able to pan the view as well? This would be a VERY cool thing (Is this already possible and I have missed it somehow?).
The last question is more complicated, is it possible to create a way of seeing inside of and thus editing a hollow object, for example by being able to hide an area so you can see in?
This last seems like a complicated problem, but I am not a programer so it could be trivial for all I know.

Thanks again for this splendid thing!
Cheers!!!!!!
Mealea
Hi, Thanks for using MagicaVoxel:) and for your questions :
  1. you can click the circled "i" besides command line to turn on tips at the bottom ( like the image showed below )
    the documents are on this page :
    https://voxel.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MagicaVoxel%20Editor&referringTitle=Home
  2. Yes, there are some new features for the camera in the new version 0.94a:)
    you can use (SPACE plus RBUTTON) to span the camera, or use (Z plus RBUTTON) to set the rotation center at any selected voxel.
    the demo video demonstrates these features
  3. someone also asks for this feature. will consider about how to implement it.
And good job! looking forward to more artworks:D

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I am searching like mad for the Lego button, I am busy with a small task that requires is...

Seeing Mealea's post in the ZBrush forum was like a gift from heaven, busy trying it out but for all the love of money, I can't find the Lego setting?

Interesting program.

Ziggy
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Ziggy01 wrote:
I am searching like mad for the Lego button, I am busy with a small task that requires is...

Seeing Mealea's post in the ZBrush forum was like a gift from heaven, busy trying it out but for all the love of money, I can't find the Lego setting?

Interesting program.

Ziggy
currently the Lego is only a rendering option in the renderer ( right top corner under the Shape tab )