There are two camera modes in MagicaVoxel : Focus Mode
and Free Mode
You can switch between these two modes by clicking the button just on the right side of the command line.
- the direction of the arrow in the icon will point to inside or outside respectively.
In Focus Mode
, you can only rotate around the center of the model.
- When the size of model is changed ( resized, rotated, etc ), the focus will also be changed.
- When the model is changed ( new model, select another model, etc ), the camera will be reset.
- When switch back to Focus Mode, the camera will be reset.
In Free Mode
, you can move and look around without any constraint as in a FPS Game.
- The camera will not be changed when model is changed or resized, which is useful when you want to keep the camera orientation.
and there are also two help modes :
: pressing SPACE
- slow down both movement and rotation
: pressing SHIFT
or dragging on the bottom or right camera ruler
- snap pitch and yaw angle of camera at multiple of 15 degrees;
Control by Mouse
Rotate Camera by dragging with right mouse button pressed
Zoom Camera by scrolling mouse wheel
- if your device does not support right mouse dragging, you can use CTRL+ALT+LBUTTON
Control by Keyboard
Use the keys WASDQE
to control camera.
It behaves differently in each mode.
: Zoom in/out
: Rotate Left/Right (Yaw)
: Rotate Down/Up (Pitch)
: Move Forward/Backward
: Move Left/Right
: Move Down/Up