This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Coloring Rumor... Can I get an answer?

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM
Someone just told me that if I import a qb file into Magica Voxel, and the colors used in the file are not available on the default palette, it forcibly changes the colors to the nearest thing. Is this true?
I've never noticed it, but I never knew any of the specific colors before. I would rather not have to download another voxel editor because I've been using magica voxel for many months now and love it, but if it's changing colors on me... That would be quite disappointing.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 7:30 PM
yes, since MagicaVoxel only supports 255 colors in a model and qb may contain more colors than that...

but I will update the codes in the next release to avoid changing the colors as long as there are less than 255 color in the imported qb model.

Thanks!
Feb 24, 2015 at 8:24 PM
That would be awesome, the models I usually import only have 2-5 colors on them, but they are very specific colors (they are material maps for making things in trove, so if I want something to appear as see-through then it needs a specific rgb value, and if I import something, it doesn't show that value).
Thanks for the fast response though!