What is new in the new editor version?

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Call me stupid, but I just wanted to know what has been changed in the recently released version of the editor.

Are there any new features, or is are there just improvements in the code?

Thanks.

{{EDIT: I just noticed the Free, Orthographic, and Isometric modes. I used the free mode briefly, and just took a look at the others, but I suspect these new modes will be very useful for editing. Thanks for adding them.}}
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Hi,
  1. for the camera, besides the new orthogonal and isometric mode, you can now use SPACE + RBUTTON to move the camera, or use Z+RBUTTON to set new focus of camera, which is much easier than before that you don't even use Free mode anymore in most cases.
  2. Multilevel Folders. so you can create new folders under /vox folder rather than having all files in the same folder.
  3. The Brush->Plane Edit mode allows you to set a virtual plane in the midway rather than the ground to work on. and Loop and Line Brushes have been improved
  4. Th renderer has been integrated into the editor with more features (e.g. Glossy Reflection), so you can edit and render your result immediately now.