Suggestions.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Hi, I have two suggestions.

First. Allow import two sprites and treat them independently. For example, you import a frontal sprite and then import a sprite side. Then you turn the sprite side 90 degrees and you have a base to give volume manually to a sprite, because you have the front sprite and sprite side crosswise.

Second. Automate volume of a sprite. It is similar to the first but automatic. You could import a side , back and front sprite to generate a voxel. Something like this:

http://0fps.net/2012/09/18/turning-8-bit-sprites-into-printable-3d-models/

Another good solution would be to import a sprite and choose the depth of each color. That is, if your sprite has different tones of red to represent a red shirt, he can choose each tone with a depth, so, you could put the dark red tones with a small depth (1 or 2 squares for example), and lighter tones of red with a greater depth (3 or 4 squares for example). In this way the program would generate a voxel with volume according to the colors chosen by the user and the user would have to edit least the voxel so it looks like he wants.

Sorry my english, is not my native language.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Hi,
  1. I'm planning to work on a level editor which allows multiple voxel models exist in the same scene. That will help solve this problem
  2. someone suggests similar ideas before, I'm still thinking about how to make it handy and robust
Thanks for your suggestions!
Nov 30, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Thanks to you for creating such an amazing program. :D

I will wait eager the new additions. Keep going, you have done a great job. :)